Join free greywater events this summer in Portland, hosted by Greywater Action.
Laundry to landscape (L2L) greywater systems are simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. With your own L2L system you can irrigate your landscape each time you do laundry, saving you water, time, and resources. Experienced instructors will lead you step-by-step through the design process, tailoring a system to fit your home.
- How to design a system for your home and landscape
- How to build a system by creating a “mock-up” of a real system with real greywater parts
- What parts you’ll need for your home
- How much greywater you produce and how many plants you can water
- What soaps and detergents are “greywater friendly”
- Photographs of your laundry room and landscape and site plan of your yard.
Watch a video on Ask This Old House about L2L system installation.