The holidays provide moments for meaningful gift ideas that show love and appreciation for those in your life - and ways to create more memories instead of more stuff.
Alicia Polacok from Resourceful PDX partner, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, shared examples from this Top 10 Waste-Free Gifts on the KATU Afternoon Live TV show. She also told viewers about the Portland Winter Curbsider, in mailboxes now and full of more good ideas and holiday related information.
TOP 10 WASTE-FREE GIFTS
1. Classes or lessons
2. Activities or adventures together
3. Virtual downloads (music, movies, games)
FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES
4. Memberships or tickets
5. Get-away experiences (babysitter, restaurant, hotel)
6. Service-oriented businesses (house cleaning, organizer)
7. Gift cards for pampering (massage, nails)
8. Your time! (helping with home project or teaching a skill)
9. Local handmade gifts (crafts, food, drinks)
10. Vintage or secondhand finds
Find more ideas to create memories in your life in our resourceful #holiday series.
Need even more ideas? The Center for a New American Dream has you covered. Check out the many ways to Simplify the Holidays with the More Fun Less Stuff Catalog and this year’s calendar to get six weeks of daily inspirations and practical tips for simplifying your holiday season.