Sunday Parkways takes place this weekend in North Portland, with Green Spots popping up along the route to show sustainable community features that nurture healthy, connected neighborhoods.
The list of Green Spots include:
- June Key Delta Community Center (N Ainsworth Ave and Albina Ave)
- Harper’s Playground at Arbor Lodge Park (N Delaware Ave and Bryant St)
- North Portland Tool Library at the Historic Kenton Firehouse (Green Spot is at N Delaware Ave and Schofield St; Tool Library is one block east at N Brandon Ave)
- New Columbia at McCoy Park (N Trenton Ave and Fiske Ave)
- Transportation Safety (N Willamette Blvd and Rosa Parks Way)
Be Resourceful is partnering with Green Spot at the North Portland Tool Library at the Historic Kenton Firehouse near Kenton Park. At the Green Spot, Sunday Parkways attendees can learn how to borrow tools from the tool library, get help repairing broken items at Repair Cafés, and share favorite community resources on the Be Resourceful map.
The Kenton Firehouse itself also has shared space available to rent for gatherings of many sizes, and also hosts community events. The space offers a variety of ways to extend the life of the things that you need, meet neighbors and learn about the sharing community.
North Portland Sunday Parkways is Sunday, June 22, 2014, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. The route takes you on a tour along the scenic Willamette Boulevard, and then you can glide towards Peninsula, Arbor Lodge, Kenton, Columbia Annex and McCoy parks to enjoy an array of activities, food, music, vendors and fun.